Tasks of the Sub-Commissions
The Sub-Commissions are the preparatory bodies for the decisions of the Plenary Session. The Plenary Session determines the composition, purpose, and tasks of the Sub-Commissions.
The Sub-Commission may establish Working Groups to study a well-defined problem. It determines the mission and members of the Working Group in question.
Purpose of the First Technical Sub-Commission
- to study and define the measurement methods for testing firearms, equipment, and ammunition in order to prepare the C.I.P.’s decrees (decisions, recommendations, information)
- to determine the allowable values and test values for the data (dimensions, pressure, energy, and others) established in the TDCC (Table of Dimensions of Cartridges and Chambers)
- to conduct ongoing work, including certain investigations or trials to prepare the decrees
- to undertake efforts in order to improve the technical specifications
- to address specific problems whose study has been entrusted to it by the Plenary Session.